TSB Bank now distributes the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme. Like TSB Bank, Fisher Funds is 100% New Zealand owned and operated and the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme has been designed with Kiwis like you in mind.
Interested in joining or transferring? Call us on 0800 TSB BANK (0800 872 2265)
The Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme
The Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme allows you to take an active interest in your retirement savings and know where your funds are invested and why.
Fisher Funds is a specialist investment manager and has developed a reputation for its open and honest communication and for providing exceptional, personalised service.
Here’s how Fisher Funds keeps you informed:
- A monthly e-newsletter
keeping you up-to-date on where your savings are invested, the performance of each Fund and developments in KiwiSaver regulations
- Detailed monthly online reports
about your own KiwiSaver scheme account
- 24/7 online account access
- Quarterly transaction statements
More information about Fisher Funds
What is KiwiSaver?
KiwiSaver is a government initiative designed to help Kiwis to save for their first home or retirement. It’s voluntary, but there are some generous incentives to encourage you to get saving.
What are the benefits?
- A one-off $1,000 kickstart from the Government when you first join a KiwiSaver scheme
- For every $1 you contribute the Government will contribute $0.50 (up to a maximum of $521 per year) if you are over 18
- Employers typically make a contribution of 3% of your gross pay if you are employed, contributing and aged between 18 and 65
- Choice of contribution rates of 3%, 4% or 8% to suit your circumstances
- Assistance to help you buy your first home (conditions apply) –
find out more
More information about KiwiSaver & its benefits
Who can join?
You must be:
- Living in New Zealand or (entitled to permanent residence) and
- Aged below 65
You don’t have to be working to join a KiwiSaver scheme. Self-employed workers, stay at home parents, children or beneficiaries can also join and share in certain benefits.
If you’re aged between 18 and 64 and start a new job and are not already a member of a KiwiSaver scheme you’ll be automatically enrolled (you can choose to opt-out after two weeks).
You can only have one KiwiSaver account and you can change your KiwiSaver scheme at any time.
Calculate how much you could save?
If you are an employee your employer will deduct your KiwiSaver scheme contributions from each pay and send them to Inland Revenue along with their employer contribution.
Inland Revenue then forward your contributions to your KiwiSaver scheme provider.
If you’re not working, you make your contributions directly to your KiwiSaver scheme provider and you can choose how much and how often you contribute.
There is no minimum annual contribution required for the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme.
Once you have contributed to a KiwiSaver scheme for a year, you can choose to apply for a contributions holiday.
The holiday period can last from three months to five years (but can be extended).
Accessing your KiwiSaver scheme savings
There are two primary ways you can take out your KiwiSaver scheme savings.
- For your first home – when you make a first home withdrawal (conditions apply)
- For your retirement - when you are eligible for NZ Super (currently 65) and have been a member for a minimum of five years
If you join a KiwiSaver scheme after age 60 you will still have to wait the minimum membership time of five years, (even though you may have reached 65) before you can withdraw your savings.
At retirement you have a range of options to help you manage your savings including withdrawing some or all of your savings or setting up a regular withdrawal.
If you suffer serious illness, leave New Zealand permanently (excluding Australia) or suffer significant financial hardship you can apply to withdraw some or all of your contributions early.
If you pass away your savings will be paid to your estate.
Join or transfer to the Fisher Funds KiwiSaver Scheme
Call 0800 TSB BANK (0800 872 2265) or visit your