These terms and conditions outline:
- Important information on the use of the HomeBank service (both internet and phone banking), password security and cancellation of the facility.
- Your rights, obligations and responsibilities once you sign up for HomeBank.
- TSB Bank's rights, obligations and responsibilities as the provider of HomeBank.
- Your authority to TSB Bank to act as instructed with regard to HomeBank.
Your use of HomeBank is in accordance with the following Terms and Conditions and use of the internet and/or phone banking facility signifies both your acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. We ask that you read these carefully before you use this service. The following Terms and Conditions are in addition to those that already apply to TSB Bank accounts that you may have nominated to access via phone banking. You must access HomeBank as described in these Terms and Conditions and in any amendments issued by TSB Bank at any time in the future. Changes may be advised to you by varied means, including email to your last known email address, press advertisement, website and/or notices in our branches. TSB Bank reserves the right to alter any applicable charges and Terms and Conditions at any time by giving you 14 days prior notice.
- To access HomeBank by telephone, you will require a touch-tone telephone. You will be required to enter the last eight digits of your Cashflow card number, then press the hash key once this is complete. You will then be required to enter a telephone ID of between five and 16 digits then press the hash key again. You can now access the HomeBank Phone option.
- To access HomeBank Internet, you will initially be provided with a unique 10 digit ('one off') access password. You must then select and enter your own unique security password, before you can proceed to use HomeBank Internet. Your unique password must be a minimum of eight digits (and no more than 16, no spaces), and must contain at least one digit, and one character. For any subsequent 'Login' to HomeBank, please enter your TSB Bank Cashflow card number (in full, or last eight digits, no spaces) or, TSB Bank Visa card number (in full, no spaces) and your security password.
- Both passwords will be your own confidential passwords to access the HomeBank service. You must not disclose your passwords to anyone else including family, friends, or TSB Bank staff, nor write them down nor store them in a file on your computer, or autosave passwords.
- Your passwords must not relate to any known personal information about yourself, including, but not limited to, birthdates, telephone numbers, drivers licence number or family members names, and must exclude obvious or sequential numbers such as 12345678.
- You may change your HomeBank internet security password at any time. You will be provided with a reminder every 90 days at which time you may have the option of changing your password.
- You may change your telephone ID at any time by pressing '6' for options then '1' to key in your new code. You will be required to change your phone banking password at least every 90 days.
- TSB Bank will never phone or email you requesting to confirm or disclose your password or security information.
- Any transactions you complete via HomeBank are subject to TSB Bank's Terms and Conditions and any applicable fees and service charges that currently apply, or may apply from time to time.
- The use of your unique telephone ID and/or security password is your authority to TSB Bank to transact business in accordance with your instructions.
- The security of your telephone ID and security password is totally your responsibility. To the extent permitted by law, TSB Bank will not be held accountable nor responsible for any claim or loss that results directly or indirectly, from any unauthorised use or misuse of your telephone ID/security password. You will be required to compensate TSB Bank for any loss suffered by TSB Bank from any such wrongful use or misuse.
- Anyone using your telephone ID/security password will have access to your accounts, whether they are authorised by you to do so or not. TSB Bank will have no obligation to take any further steps to verify any instruction received from you or appearing to be sent by you via internet banking.
- If you believe for any reason that your telephone ID or security password could be known by someone else, or if you discover any unauthorised use of your account(s), you must change your password(s) immediately and then call us on +64 6 968 3700 or contact your local branch.
- Payments to standard or personal payees will only be actioned provided there is sufficient cleared and available funds (including any applicable payment service charge) at the time of the requested payment.
- Upon authorising a payment with the HomeBank service, cleared funds will be credited to the account number you have provided. It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are in your account to enable all payments to be processed.
- It is possible (as a result of an error in the account numbers that you have provided), that money is credited to an unintended third parties account. It is your complete responsibility to ensure that the account numbers that you provide are correct.
- TSB Bank is not responsible for any inaccuracy in your instructions, and under these Terms and Conditions, TSB Bank is not required (and is unable) to check that the information corresponds with the account, payee or bank details that you have entered.
- TSB Bank will process and complete all payments properly initiated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are in your account to enable all payments to be processed.
- Payments can be scheduled up to 90 days in advance, and multiple payments can be set up to the same destination account.
- Payments from one TSB Bank account to another TSB account can be processed real time or scheduled.
- Payments from TSB Bank to another bank scheduled up to 9pm Monday to Friday will be subject to overnight processing. The other bank will receive the payment on the morning of the next day.
- Payments scheduled after 9pm or on Saturday, Sunday or public holidays will be received by the other bank on the morning of the second subsequent day. For example:
- Payment scheduled before 9pm on Monday, will be received by the other bank on Tuesday morning.
- Payment scheduled after 9pm on Monday, will be received by the other bank on Wednesday morning.
- Payment scheduled on Sunday, will be received by the other bank on Tuesday morning.
- One-off payments or payments to new Personal Payees over $5,000 may be subject to a processing delay up to 24 hours.
- If the entered account number does not exist at the recipient bank, then the funds will be returned to TSB Bank (This may take a number of indeterminable days).
- If the "Incorrect" account number (third party) exists in the recipient bank, it is your responsibility to contact TSB Bank to attempt to retrieve the funds. Payment to an incorrect account number can only be recovered if the owner of that account approves of the reversal.
- A payment, once made is irrevocable, and cannot be stopped or cancelled.
- Payments that are scheduled for the future can be cancelled, changed, or rescheduled, up until the time the payment is made.
- TSB Bank reserves the right to process payments in any order it wishes, and will not become involved in any dispute between you and any third party.
- Funds may not be processed from your account if there is a technical failure that prevented the Bank from actioning your request.
- Any payment transactions you complete via HomeBank are subject to any payment service charges that currently apply, or may apply from time to time.
- Customers can disable the ability to pay Personal Payees at any time. Customers with a security token can re-enable themselves via the HomeBank website (using their token), however customers without a security token will be required to have TSB Bank staff re-enable the service, after verification of identity.
- A security token provides additional security and protection for you, the customer. As the coded number displayed by the token is only valid for 60 seconds (and the code only used once), it means that if someone managed to obtain your Cashflow or VISA Card number together with your HomeBank password, they would still require your security token prior to actioning certain payment transactions. This concept is known as Two Factor Authentication – something you know (your password), and something you must have (your personalised security token).
- The security token will be available at your local TSB Bank branch or delivered by Courier, and must be signed for.
- There is a ONE-TIME charge of $25.00 for a token, and it will be replaced if broken or worn out (for free), and can be expected to last between two and five years. Once received, the care of the token is your responsibility.
- If you discover that your security token has been lost, stolen or mislaid, you must notify your local TSB Bank branch immediately, or if after hours on 0800 406 406.
- TSB Bank SMS Authentication provides an alternative security option to the Security Token. It is an alternative Two Factor Authentication method that uses a mobile phone.
- You must have your mobile phone number registered with the Bank for TSB Bank SMS Authentication to be used.
- It works by generating a 4 digit code on your PC screen, which you need to match with a 4 digit code that is sent to your mobile phone.
- Further instructions on how this works can be found on our website, or by contacting your local TSB Bank branch.
||ALL PAYMENT OPTIONS - WITHOUT TOKEN OR SMS AUTHENTICATION
||ALL PAYMENT OPTIONS - WITH TOKEN OR SMS AUTHENTICATION
|Make payments to standard payees
|Make payment to personal payees
|Set-up a new personal payee
|Set-up regular payments
|Make one-off payments
||Yes. Maximum $250
||Yes. Subject to payment threshold and processing times.
|Maximum payment amount to any one saved Personal Payee on any one due date
||No single payment to any one Personal Payee can exceed $30,000 but daily limit will be maximum of available cleared funds.
|The maximum total of all saved Personal Payee payments on any one due date
||Available cleared funds
|Customer ability to set payment amount requiring token or SMS Authentication.**
||Yes, reduce only
||Yes, to any value between $0 and $5,000 (maximum)
* Unless customer has reduced their payment threshold.
** Use of the token or SMS Authentication is required to change the value, when being increased.
- You will be responsible for all losses incurred, including consequential losses suffered by third parties, if you act fraudulently, either alone or together with any other person.
- You may be liable for some or all loss arising from any unauthorised access, whether occurring before or after notification if you have caused or contributed to the loss by failing to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- If you advise us immediately that another party may know your security password/telephone ID, or there has been unauthorised access to any of your account(s), you will not be held responsible for any loss, unless you have acted fraudulently or negligently, or have contributed to such disclosure or unauthorised access by not following the security information and advice that we provide to you; together with information on our website and in our Terms and Conditions.
- If you have acted negligently or fraudulently, your maximum liability will be:
a) the actual loss at the time of notification, or
b) the balances available for withdrawal from your account(s), including any credit facility,
between the time the unauthorised access was made and the time you notified us.
- You will be required to provide all available information of any actual or possible password disclosure or unauthorised use of your computer. In addition, you agree to assist TSB Bank to recover unauthorised amounts withdrawn or paid from any of your account(s) or otherwise transferred to or from any other account(s).
- You are required to take reasonable steps to ensure that the protective systems applicable to your computer or device such as virus scanning, firewall, anti-spyware, operating system and anti-spam software on your computer are up to date.
Negligence is defined as (but not limited to):
- Failing to reasonably safeguard any access device, or your security password by writing them down or saving them in an electronic form.
- Keeping your security password in a form that can be readily identified as an internet password.
- You have selected an unsuitable security password/telephone ID.
- You have disclosed your password to another person.
- You have unreasonably delayed notifying us that your security password/telephone ID has been disclosed, either accidentally or intentionally or that an unauthorised transaction has occurred.
- You have failed to take all reasonable steps to prevent disclosure to any other person when entering your security password/telephone ID.
- You have used a computer or device that does not have the recommended protective software and operating system installed and you have no reason to believe that such software is installed and up to date.
- Leaving your computer unattended when logged on to the HomeBank Internet Banking Service, or using shared computers like those in Internet Cafes to access HomeBank Internet.
- To the extent permitted by law, TSB Bank will not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damage resulting from your use or inability to access TSB Bank's HomeBank service at any time, or any failure or delay in providing service via the Internet, phone, or for any strike or dispute, or for any circumstances beyond its control.
- To the extent permitted by law, TSB Bank will not be responsible for costs, losses or any other liabilities resulting from faults in, or a malfunction of, any equipment (including telecommunications equipment) which supports our HomeBank service, regardless of whether that equipment is TSB Bank's or used by us to provide these services.
- TSB Bank will be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage, which results from fraudulent or negligent conduct by our employees or agents.
- TSB Bank will take appropriate measures to ensure that their internet banking systems and technology are secure and are regularly reviewed and updated for this purpose.
- If you incur a direct loss that is due to a security breach of TSB Bank's HomeBank Internet banking system, as a result of TSB Bank's failure to take reasonable care and is not caused or contributed to by you, TSB Bank will reimburse you for that loss.
- Any account(s) in your name where you are the sole signatory.
- Account(s) held jointly, where one signature is required and you are one of the signatories authorised to operate the account(s).
- Business account(s) where one signature is required and you are one of the signatories authorised to operate the account(s).
- TSB Bank will process and complete all payments and transfers properly initiated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All internal transfers are processed real time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient funds are in your accounts to enable all transactions, transfers and payments to be made.
- You will be able to obtain up to date transaction information and any enquiries with regard to them should be referred to your branch of domicile.
- You will not be able to access funds from cheque deposits until the cheque(s) is/are cleared.
You are responsible for access to a computer with a suitable modem and Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or Firefox browser software, to use the HomeBank Internet option, or a touch-tone telephone for the HomeBank Phone option. You are required to take responsibility for your computer's security precautions to prevent unauthorised use of and access to TSB Bank banking services and to protect your personal information and accounts. Such measures must include installing and keeping up to date the following - operating software, firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and not opening attachments or running software from untrusted or unknown sources.
- You can cancel your HomeBank Services by either phoning, visiting or writing to your branch. You will remain responsible for any transactions made on your accounts, until the time of cancellation.
- TSB Bank reserves the right to cancel or suspend your HomeBank services, upon reasonable notice. TSB Bank can cancel or suspend these services without prior notice for the following reasons: death, bankruptcy, breaches of any of the Terms and Conditions or any other grounds deemed appropriate or reasonable by TSB Bank.
- You agree to indemnify TSB Bank against all losses, costs or damage suffered by us, our customers or a third party, or for any actions or claims brought against us by customers or third parties which result either from your misuse of TSB Bank HomeBank Payment Services, or failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised use of HomeBank and/or Personal Payee Services.
- You also acknowledge that any unauthorised reproduction of any proprietary information contained in TSB Bank's HomeBank services, may result in legal action being taken.
In consideration of the Bank providing banking services to me/us, I/we agree to check bank statements for the Account, to ensure that the entries recorded in those statements are correct. I/We agree to notify the Bank in writing within 60 days from the date of the bank statement sent to us, or made available on HomeBank, of any incorrect entry in the bank statement/transaction listing. Failing to notify the Bank in this matter shall to the fullest extent permitted by law:
(a) Be deemed to be in acceptance by me/us that the balance in the Account and all transactions recorded in the bank statements are true, lawful and correct.
(b) Provide the Bank with a full defence against any action taken by me/us for any claims of any nature including claims for breach of contract, negligence, wrongful debiting of funds or any other tort, equitable remedy or any other cause of action whatsoever brought against the Bank in respect of the Account of any transaction recorded in the bank statement.
I/We agree to comply with the standard Terms and Conditions for operating accounts and all Terms and Conditions relating to the HomeBank Services and the Verification Clause which I/we confirm I/we have read and understood.
- TSB Bank will endeavour to effect HomeBank payment instructions without any responsibility or liability for any refusal or omission to make all or any of the payments, or for any omission to follow any such instructions. Further, TSB Bank accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information contained in the payment information fields of the HomeBank Payee authorities, or for failure to transmit such information in the manner requested.
- TSB Bank may in its absolute discretion determine the order of priority of payments of any monies pursuant to this or any other authority withdrawal or cheque which you may now or hereafter give to the Bank or draw from your account.
- HomeBank scheduled payments may be terminated at any time without notice to you, by the Bank or the Payee.
- This order will remain in force and effect in respect of all payments made in good faith notwithstanding my/our death or bankruptcy or any other revocation of this order until the notice of my/our death, bankruptcy or such revocation is received by the Bank.
- In the event of any payment not being provided for on due date, the Bank need not be concerned any further with payment for that period, which will then become my/our responsibility.
- All current Bank charges for the service, in force from time to time, are to be debited to my/our account.
- I/We shall select the appropriate HomeBank 5-16 digit security passwords as noted in Section 1. I/We shall comply with the confidentiality as quoted in Section 1.
- I authorise TSB Bank to charge the account that the HomeBank service operates upon for the cost of any requested security token.