Pursuant to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993, TSB Bank ("the Bank") hereby makes you aware of the following points in respect of information about you which you are now providing or which the Bank or its authorised agents or its mortgage insurer or credit card repayment insurer may now or at any time in the future hold.
- TSB Bank may obtain credit references or make other enquires within its normal procedures in connection with any account application or upon a request (or review) of finance facilities provided to you by TSB Bank, I/we agree and acknowledge that my/our personal information may be disclosed to an assigned Credit Reporting Agency, and that my/our information may be available to other registered subscribers with that Agency.
- The Bank may require to use the information obtained for use by other departments or divisions of the Bank including (but not by way of limitation) Marketing, TSB Realty, Lending, VISA, Foreign Exchange and marketing/underwriting companies engaged by the Bank or in association with the Bank for product promotions by Direct Mail, Telemarketing, and other Direct Marketing activities.
- The Bank may wish to seek your views on the services and products it offers. To this end, the Bank may provide appropriate information to reputable market research organisations.
- Should it become necessary, information may be passed on to debt collection agencies or the information used by the Bank for the purposes of debt collection.
- The Bank will ensure that information about you is held securely and will not, except for the above purposes or as authorised by you or when required or authorised by law, disclose the information to any other person.
- The Privacy Act 1993 gives you the right to see and correct information about you held by the Bank.
- The Bank may contact the insurers of any property over which the Bank may hold security in order to obtain details of insurance cover in respect of such property.
- Some of the Bank’s public website pages are coded with cookies which allow it to gather aggregated information about traffic to and from its pages, and the use and effectiveness of its website. This information cannot be used to individually identify users. The Bank may disclose the information to third parties such as media advisers.
Updated October 2011