If you're an Online Banking user, making the switch to online statements is easy. It's a faster and more environmentally-friendly way to access your bank statements. Simply log on and view, or download your statement whenever it suits you. It's banking made easy.
Make the switch from paper to online statements
1. Log onto Online Banking
2. Click on 'Statements'
3. Adjust your preferences to 'Electronic'
Alternatively, you can visit your nearest branch
or call 0800 TSB BANK where the team will help you make the switch.
If I choose the Electronic Statement option, what will happen?
A PDF version of your statement will be produced and stored on Online Banking for viewing, downloading and printing. When a PDF is available on Online Banking you can receive notification via email or TXT or alternatively receive no notification. PDF account statements will look very similar to your paper account statements.
What if I change my mind and want to receive paper account statements?
If you want to start receiving paper statements again, you can do this by going into the statements section of Online Banking, click on the account you want to change back to paper statements, then click on the 'change delivery method' button.
What if I want to continue receiving paper statements?
Unless you specify otherwise, TSB Bank will continue to send you paper account statements as usual.
Conditions of stopping paper statements
1. In choosing to receive PDF statements, you are specifying that Online Banking is the information system to which TSB Bank may send your continuing disclosure statements.
2. TSB Bank will satisfy its continuing disclosure obligations to you under the Credit Contracts Act 1981 and the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003 by providing those statements electronically.
3. TSB Bank will make PDF statements available at the same regular intervals it presently does for the paper account statements.
4. If you choose, TSB Bank will notify you when a new PDF account statement is available.
5. You can choose to receive that notification by an e-mail or by a TXT message.
6. If you choose to receive notification by TXT message, your cellular phone provider will charge you a fee per message (TSB Bank is in receipt of a commission on this fee). The usual amount charged is 20 cents per TXT message, however please check with your provider on the amount that will be charged.
7. TSB Bank will make the PDF account statements available on Online Banking for a minimum of 12 months.
8. The electronic statement option is not available for TSB VISA accounts. TSB Bank will continue to send you a paper account statement for VISA.
Information collected for notification purposes is personal information and will be governed by the principles of the Privacy Act 1993. Please refer to our Online Banking privacy statement for more information.
Call 0800 TSB BANK
(0800 872 2265) or find your nearest branch